Apply for Financial Aid
SCAM ALERT: It has come to our attention that a few students have received phone calls promising a grant through TJC in exchange for a wiring fee (MoneyGram or Western Union). This is a scam. Never pay a fee or provide any of your bank account details over the phone. As a reminder, all TJC awards are posted to Apache Access and notification of grants is sent by email to your TJC email address. If you do receive what you believe to be a scam call, please contact TJC Campus Police at 903-510-2258.
- Students file FAFSA at www.fafsa.ed.gov and list Tyler Junior College (School Code 003648) in your application. Accuracy is very important!
Deadline to complete FAFSA:
Fall Classes: April 1
Spring Classes: August 1
Summer Classes: February 1
2015-2016 FAFSA Overview
- A letter or email from Tyler Junior College Financial Aid Office will direct students to Apache Access after TJC has received the student's FAFSA. Students must know their student ID number (A#) to log into Apache Access.
- After logging into Apache Access, click on Financial Aid under the Quick Links menu. This will connect you to the Financial Aid Traffic Light menu. Any YELLOW lights require student action.
- Click the First Step in TJC Financial Aid Process to begin.
- Click Student Requirements - if additional documentation is requested, students will need to submit the requested forms to the Financial Aid Office. Students can download the requested forms from Apache Access by clicking the link or from the related downloads page. Some forms require parent information and signatures for dependent students.
Deadline to submit ALL verification requirements*:
Fall Classes: June 1
Spring Classes: November 1
Summer Classes: April 1
*Both 1st Step & Student Requirement light must be GREEN
Students should also activate their Apache Access Student email to receive additional information from Financial Aid. Financial Aid only uses student TJC email to communicate with students.
- After students have completed steps 1-3, students should periodically check Apache Access to check for additionally requested documentation or to see if they have been awarded. Students must also monitor their Apache Access Student email for important financial aid information and award notifications.
- Once students have been awarded they will log on to Apache Access and click Award under the Financial Aid Traffic Light menu. All students are awarded at their maximum eligibility and must accept or decline student loans that are offered. If students accept their offered student loans, they will need to complete Entrance Loan Counseling and a Master Promissory Note (MPN) as indicated to complete by the Traffic Light menu.
A student’s financial aid status and eligibility is available online through Apache Access 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Fax is the preferred method for submitting required documents. Please make sure to include your name and A# when sending these documents.