"Celebrating the heritage...securing the future!"
The Senate provides a systematic means for the effective participation of the faculty in the affairs of the college, and adequate channels for the administration of Tyler Junior College to seek the judgment and counsel of the faculty about matters of mutual concern.
While specific senate actions change annually, the following broad-based "guides" have been constant.
- Provide meaningful faculty participation in college planning & decision-making
- Improve the quality of education and services provided for students
- Participate in projects benefiting the campus and community
- Advocate professional development and recognition of faculty
- Improve factors affecting faculty morale
firstname.lastname@example.org | 903-510-2355
President Elect & Academic Committee Chair
email@example.com | 903-510-2348
Secretary and Rules Committee Chair
firstname.lastname@example.org | 903-510-3270
Faculty Development Committee Chair
email@example.com | 903-510-2202
Instructional Support Services Committee Chair
firstname.lastname@example.org | 903-510-3098
Student Relations Committee Chair
email@example.com | 903-510-2362
The Faculty Senate minutes are located in Apache Access on the Faculty tab.