"Celebrating the heritage...securing the future!"
The Senate provides a systematic means for the effective participation of the faculty in the affairs of the college, and adequate channels for the administration of Tyler Junior College to seek the judgment and counsel of the faculty about matters of mutual concern.
While specific senate actions change annually, the following broad-based "guides" have been constant.
- Provide meaningful faculty participation in college planning & decision-making
- Improve the quality of education and services provided for students
- Participate in projects benefiting the campus and community
- Advocate professional development and recognition of faculty
- Improve factors affecting faculty morale
Tim Gill, President
Stephanie Lassanske, President-Elect
Jill Johnson, Secretary
Student Relations Committee
Instructional Support Committee
Faculty Development Committee
The Faculty Senate minutes are located in Apache Access on the Faculty tab.