Register for Classes
Visit Apache Access to make changes to your TJC account:
- Students - register for classes, access academic, financial, or residential information.
- Alumni - request official transcripts and access academic information.
Request a TJC Transcript
Request an official or unofficial transcript from the Registrar's Office
Apply for Graduation
TJC holds two graduation commencement days throughout the year, in the fall and spring. Find out how to apply here.
The Registrar's Office maintains the official Academic Calendar. Download it here.
How to Register
1: Apply to TJC
TJC has an open admissions policy, but you'll still need to apply.
If you’re already a TJC student, skip to the next step!
2: Clear Holds
If you're a new student, you probably have an advising hold on your account. You'll have to clear the hold before you can register for classes. View your holds in your Apache Access account.
Types of holds:
- Advising Holds: speak to an Academic Advisor for removal of this hold.
- Bad Address Hold: Go to the Registrar's office and complete a change of address form for removal of hold.
- Business Service Hold: money is owed to the college and this hold can only be removed by the Business Service office.
- Campus Police Hold: Campus Police will need to remove this hold. (This generally means you have a parking ticket.)
- Financial Aid Hold: Financial Aid will need to remove this hold. If it is an Exit Counseling hold, click on the link below which will take you to the Stafford Exit Counseling page. After completing the Exit Counseling Session, you will need to contact Financial Aid and give them your confirmation number and resubmit your transcript request to the Registrar's office.
- Transcript Hold: a high school or college transcript from your previous institution(s) has not been received. In order to lift this hold we must receive the transcript(s) from those listed institutions that have caused the hold. TJC allows for one (1) academic semester of enrollment while waiting on the official transcript(s). However, you will not be able to register for the following semester or obtain a TJC transcript until all transcripts are received.
3: Log into Apache Access
Log into your Apache Access account. On the Home tab, on the left-hand side in the "Quick Links" channel, click the "Register Here" button.
4: Find your classes
Use the Course Search utility to find the courses you need.
Select the term for which you would like to register. Enter the CRN number for the class, or search for the class by subject. When you find a class you would like to register for, click the check mark box to the left and click the "Register" button.
5: Secure payment for tuition and fees
Once you've paid for your tuition, you can go to the Campus Police office to obtain your student ID and your parking permit (if you need one).
If you registered for an online class, please visit the Distance Learning page to learn about orientations for your class, how to access your classes online, and other useful information.