Dual Credit/Early College
The TJC Dual Credit program provides an opportunity for eligible high school students, grades 9-12, to participate in college courses and receive both high school and college credit for the same course. TJC offers Dual Credit through our high school partners, and an Early College High School program, where students can earn as much as 60 college credit hours in high school.
- Start your degree now
- Save time and money while living at home
- Gain confidence by easing into the college experience
- Start your career sooner
- Complete one of our many certificate programs
- Get better job opportunities right out of high school
- Get the help you need
- Tutoring and Success Coaching
- Vaughn Library
- And more
RELATED FAQ: How is dual credit different from AP credit?
Benefits of Dual Credit
Many college level courses are taught on high school campuses, online, and at the TJC campus.
Access to Student Resources
All Dual Credit students have full access to TJC support services.
Taking college courses at Tyler Junior College costs less than most public colleges & universities.
Close to Home
Tyler Junior College offers a quality education on many campuses all over East Texas.
Full Transferable Credit
Dual Credit and Early Enrollment courses are fully transferable to public colleges & universities in Texas.
For admission into the Dual Credit/Early Admissions Program, high school students must submit test scores such as SAT, ACT, or TSI showing they are passed or exempt based on the Texas Success Initiative (TSI) standards in the subject areas of Math, Reading, and Writing.
Tuition & Fees
Dual Credit students who attend courses on their high school campus are eligible to receive our lower flat fee rate. Please contact the Dual Credit office for our flat tuition rate.
Information in Dual Credit/Early College
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I receive Financial Aid to help pay for my classes if I am still in high school?
- Where do I get my textbooks?
- How is dual credit different from AP credit?
- Where do I get my Student ID and Parking Permit?
- How do I withdraw (drop) a dual credit/early admissions class at TJC or my high school?