Ya-A-Te Leadership Retreat
Mark your calendars for Ya-A-Te 2020 on August 17 - 20. Registration is now open!
Ya-A-Te means “Welcome” in Apache and is a four-day leadership retreat for freshmen and sophomore students. It teaches leadership skills and team work, all while demonstrating the resources students will need for a successful future at TJC.
You'll partake in nightly activities and compete in tribal games for the bragging rights for the ultimate tribe, which are the Chiricahua, Kiowa, Lipan and Mescalero.
COVID-19 UPDATE (7/2/2020)
The original plan was for the retreat to take place as scheduled at Pine Cove Camps. Due to the pandemic, we are no longer able to host the retreat at that location. The Ya-A-Te retreat will now be held at TJC's Main Campus for 2020! Please note the retreat dates have slightly changed and it is now being held Monday - Thursday.
On-Campus Housing Residents will move into their assigned rooms upon check-in on Monday, August 17. More details to come on designated check-in times. Commuters will still be able to attend the retreat, although on-campus housing will not be available for the retreat dates.
If for some reason we are not able to hold the retreat due to health and safety concerns and we have to postpone or cancel, registration fees would be refunded.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What will I do at Ya-A-Te Leadership Retreat?
- How do I register for Ya-A-Te Leadership Retreat?
- Can I drive myself to the Ya-A-Te Leadership Retreat?
- Can I use my cell phone during Ya-A-Te Leadership Retreat?
- Are meals provided for Ya-A-Te Leadership Retreat?
- Can I pay for Ya-A-Te Leadership Retreat when I arrive?
- Who should attend Ya-A-Te Leadership Retreat?
- What should I bring to Ya-A-Te?