Ya-A-Te Leadership Retreat
2018 Ya-A-Te Leadership Retreat
When: Aug. 21-24, 2018
Only 200 spots available! Deadline for registration August 10th
Ya-A-Te Leadership Retreat will include:
- Educational session involving Leadership and Team Building.
- Four day three night stay at Pine Coves camps.
- All meals and refreshments will be provided during your stay at Ya-A-Te.
- Meeting 200 future friends that are new to TJC's just like you.
- FREE backpack, water bottle, three t-shirts and much more!
Ya-A-Te means “Welcome” in Apache and is a four-day leadership retreat held off campus for freshmen and sophomore students. It teaches leadership skills and team work, all while demonstrating the resources students will need for a successful future at TJC.
You'll get the opportunity to experience the outdoors with canoeing, zip lining and enjoy the gorgeous East Texas Pines. You'll also partake in nightly activities and compete in tribal games for the bragging rights for the ultimate tribe, which are the Chiricahua, Kiowa, Lipan and Mescalero.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What will I do at Ya-A-Te Leadership Retreat?
- How do I register for Ya-A-Te Leadership Retreat?
- Can I drive myself to the Ya-A-Te Leadership Retreat?
- Can I use my cell phone during Ya-A-Te Leadership Retreat?
- Are meals provided for Ya-A-Te Leadership Retreat?
- Can I pay for Ya-A-Te Leadership Retreat when I arrive?
- Who should attend Ya-A-Te Leadership Retreat?
- What should I bring to Ya-A-Te?