Career Planning helps students become more knowledgeable and empowered regarding their choice of major and career options in relation to their personal strengths and professional goals.
By utilizing various tools for assessment, we help students identify their values, interests, personality, skills and strengths to aid in the selection of a major, determine a career direction, develop career goals, and successfully complete college. Our guidance and advice supports students – those who know exactly what they want to study, and those who don’t – through the career planning, decision making, and job search process.
Career Planning is committed to providing support to our students and recent alumni in the life-long career development process by:
- Facilitating career and self-exploration
- Engaging students in the career decision-making process
- Integrating values, interests, personality, skills and strengths in order to set career goals
- Developing a career action plan
- Providing a learner-centered environment by making services and resources available through both technology and written formats
- Maintaining the Apache Jobs online job board
Make an Appointment
Career Planning appointments are available Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. Walk-ins are welcome.
Career Planning is located in Rogers Student Center.
To make an appointment, call 903-510-3346.
Related GO Blogs
Check out the following blog articles at GO.TJC.edu for quick and easy-to-understand tips for success!
How we can help
Career assessments can help you identify your skills, interests, values and personality and understand how these fit with different careers.
This job board is specifically for members of the TJC community; employers who post here are seeking talented Apaches to hire!
Career Planning Toolkit
Career planning and preparation begins now. No matter where you are in the process, Career Planning is available to help you.