Request an Appointment or Access a Counselor Now
TJC Counseling provides brief, solution-focused counseling for students who are facing personal difficulties that have become a barrier to academic success. The overall goal is to assist the student by stabilizing mood, discussing plausible solutions and providing information about services both on campus and in the community that may be of assistance. Students must be currently enrolled at TJC in order to receive services. There is a six-session limit in a long semester for campus-based counseling. However, long-term or intensive psychological/psychiatric issues may require an immediate referral in order to start and complete a successful mental health treatment regimen.
The best way to make an appointment for the on-campus counselor is to fill out the counseling appointment request at the above link. (Only the student requesting the appointment should fill out the request form.)
Emergency room visit is recommended for students who feel they are “in crisis” and need immediate mental health attention.
Other immediate resources include:
- Andrews Center: 903-597-1351 2323 W Front St, Tyler, TX 75702
- UT Health East Texas Behavioral Center: 903-266-2200 4101 University Blvd, Tyler, TX 75701
- East Texas Crisis Center: 903-595-5591 2401 Hughey Dr, Tyler, TX 75701
- Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
- Crisis/Depression Textline: – text “GO” to 741-741