Congratulations! You’ve worked hard to get here and now it’s time to confirm your eligibility.
What you’ll need to know:
- TJC awards degrees and certificates three times a year—May, August and December
- We normally offer two commencement ceremonies—Spring and Fall.
- You can confirm your eligibility online at any time, 365 days a year!
Get your Diploma
TJC doesn’t automatically award degrees and certificates so once you’ve finished your official degree plan, please fill out the quick and easy graduation confirmation form.
- Final date to apply and walk the stage in the December ceremony: October 23, 2020
- Final date to apply and receive your diploma for the Fall term: December 9, 2020
Participate in the Commencement Ceremony
If you want to “walk” in the commencement ceremony, you can let us know on your graduation confirmation form. Please be aware that the deadline to participate in one of our ceremonies is earlier than the general graduation confirmation deadlines.
- The next commencement is scheduled for December 14-16, 2020. We are currently in the process of finalizing plans that would allow for small ceremonies to celebrate our graduates in a safe and healthy manner. Final plans will be announced to graduates in early November 2020.
Diplomas will be mailed a few weeks after the end of the term.
Join us for a final "Victory Lap"
Based on the successes of our May Victory Lap event and our August micro-ceremony graduations, we have put together a plan that balances health and safety with our excitement to honor the achievements of our phenomenal students.
- What: TJC GRADUATE DRIVE THROUGH VICTORY LAP
- When: Friday, December 11 from noon - 1 p.m. (or until the cars are done driving through!)
- Where: Students will set up in the S-8 parking lot and drive down Lake Street to Baxter and then go south on Baxter to Fifth Street. We are asking faculty and staff to set up along the route by 11:45 a.m. holding signs and cheering!
General Graduation Requirements for all Degrees, Certificates or Awards
The following general requirements must be met by all students receiving associate degrees, certificates, or awards:
- Confirm your graduation
- Complete the required credit hours with an average grade of at least “C” (2.0 cumulative GPA).
- At least 25 percent of your semester credit hours must be earned at TJC.
- Satisfy all Texas Success Initiative (TSI) requirements, if your degree or certificate requires it.
A Golden Era for Graduates
TJC awarded 1,141 degrees and certificates during commencement ceremonies Friday, May 12, 2017 in Wagstaff Gymnasium on the main campus.