Congratulations! You’ve worked hard to get here and now it’s time to confirm your eligibility.
What you’ll need to know:
- TJC awards degrees and certificates three times a year—May, August and December
- We normally offer two commencement ceremonies—Spring and Fall.
- You can confirm your eligibility online at any time, 365 days a year!
Get your Diploma
TJC doesn’t automatically award degrees and certificates so once you’ve finished your official degree plan, please fill out the quick and easy graduation confirmation form.
- Final date to apply and walk the stage in the December ceremony: October 22, 2021
- Final date to apply and receive your diploma for the Fall term: December 15, 2021
Participate in the Commencement Ceremony
If you want to “walk” in the commencement ceremony, you can let us know on your graduation confirmation form. Please be aware that the deadline to participate in one of our ceremonies is earlier than the general graduation confirmation deadlines.
- The Commencement Ceremonies for Fall 2021 are currently scheduled for December 17. You will be contacted by email from the TJC Registrar's Office to confirm details for your ceremony.
Diplomas will be mailed a few weeks after the end of the term.
General Graduation Requirements for all Degrees, Certificates, or Awards
The following general requirements must be met by all students receiving associate degrees, certificates, or awards:
- Confirm your graduation
- Complete the required credit hours with an average grade of at least “C” (2.0 cumulative GPA).
- At least 25 percent of your semester credit hours must be earned at TJC.
- Satisfy all Texas Success Initiative (TSI) requirements, if your degree or certificate requires it.
Victory Lap 2021
TJC kicked off celebrations of its 2021 spring graduates with a “Victory Lap” through the TJC main campus. Faculty, staff, family and friends cheered the graduates from the sidewalks along the route. The Victory Lap was first held in 2020 when COVID-19 forced graduation ceremonies to be limited, and due to its popularity, the Victory Lap has become part of TJC graduation traditions.