The campus clinic is open as of June 1 with normal Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m. operating hours.
Important Campus Clinic Update 6/19/20
Due to the Covid-19 precautions and to remain in compliance with the UT Health East Texas protocol, the campus clinic has made adjustments regarding our services. Primarily, there will be no more than 5 students in the waiting room at one time. Secondly, all patients are required to wear a face mask while in the clinic. Because of the potential shortage of available masks, we ask that the students bring their own mask if possible. We do have masks available for those students who do not have their own. A mask is required by all patients and staff members in the UT Health East Texas system.
Lastly, students with two or more of the CDC’s list of possible symptoms will be referred to the UT Health East Texas Covid-19 testing center as soon as possible. All students’ temperatures will be taken when they check-in at the front desk.
Physicals are performed 8:30-11:00 a.m. and 1:00-3:30 p.m. Clinic hours are the same, 8:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m. and we take our last patient at 4:00 p.m. All students must present current student ID with appropriate sticker.
For the time being no one under the age of 18 will be allowed into the clinic.
Guidelines for Communicable Disease Control on Campus (Flu, Corona Virus, etc)
- If a student needs immediate medical attention call 911.
- If a student is in the classroom with either a suspected contagious disease or states he/she has been diagnosed with a contagious disease, the professor should ask the student to leave the classroom immediately and seek medical attention either from an ER or their personal physician. If a student cannot get to a medical facility immediately, the student should be encouraged to return to their residence until transportation can be provided. If the student refuses to leave, call campus security.
- If a student appears to have an airborne illness, he/she should wear a mask when out in public. If a mask is unavailable, the student should cover his/her mouth and nose with tissue during coughing or sneezing. The student should use hand sanitizer frequently.
- If faculty or staff that encounter a student they feel has a communicable disease, he/she should contact his/her personal physician for further guidance.
- Any student that has been out with a communicable disease, he/she should be allowed back in the classroom provided they can present a doctor's note indicating they are no longer contagious and may return to school.
- Feel free to contact the campus clinic at 903-510-3862 with any questions.
TJC has partnered with UT Health East Texas to provide a FREE on-campus clinic to students. If you have health-related questions or need healthcare for minor illness or injury, please come to the TJC Campus Clinic.
The Campus Clinic is located on the second floor of Robert M. Rogers Nursing & Health Sciences Center on the corner of 5th and Fleishel. The TJC Campus Clinic is staffed on weekdays (8 a.m. to 5 p.m.) by a Certified Family Nurse Practitioner.
- Diagnosis and treatment of illness or injury
- Physical exams
- Orders for lab/X-ray
- Immunizations and TB skin tests for allied healthcare students
- Flu and other vaccines
- Access to Licensed Professional Counselors (LPC)
- Minor injury (cuts, burns, sprains, etc.)
- Minor illness (cold, headaches, nausea, bladder infections, etc.)
- Medical emergency (evaluation and preparation for transfer to an emergency department)
- Blood pressure check
- Eye examination
- Nutritional Information
- Preventative Medicine
Appointments at the campus clinic are free for students. Please walk-in to our office, or make an appointment by calling 903-510-3862.
After hours students and employees may access the answering service by calling 903-510-3862, which will forward any questions to UT Health East Texas. If the nurses determine that immediate care is needed after hours, they will direct the student or employee to the nearby emergency room.
All services rendered by the Campus Clinic are completely confidential.