The campus clinic is open with normal Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m. operating hours.
Resources for students who may have COVID-19
If you exhibit any respiratory symptoms that may be related to COVID-19 (Fever, Cough, Shortness of Breath), please call UT Health East Texas’ 5th Street location at (903)574-3301 or (903)574-3323 to make an appointment in their Respiratory Clinic for evaluation.
An appointment at the Respiratory Clinic does not guarantee COVID testing. Each individual will be evaluated by a provider and determined, based on symptoms, if COVID testing is necessary. Respiratory symptoms will be treated at time of visit as necessary.
You will be notified of your results when they are available. If you test positive for COVID-19, CDC guidelines will be provided for release from quarantine. To be released from quarantine it has to be 10 days from symptom onset and 24 hours symptom-free without the use of medication.
If you are advised to self-quarantine due to a positive exposure, you will also need to follow the CDC guidelines of being 14 days asymptomatic since last date of exposure. Please seek care at the 5th Street location if you become symptomatic after exposure (Fever, Cough, Shortness of Breath).
A student can be seen at the TJC on-campus clinic located on the 2nd Floor of the Rogers Nursing & Health Sciences Building to seek a release to return to class once meeting CDC guidelines if positive or exposed.
If you are diagnosed with another illness, you will be provided information at that time and can return to class as directed.
- Call (903)574-3301 or (903)574-3323 to make an appointment and inform them you are a TJC student.
- After making an appointment, please proceed to UT First Physicians Clinic located at:
- 1000 E Fifth Street, Suite 200
- Tyler, TX 75701
- Upon arrival please call: (903)574-3301 or (903)574-3323
- Once notified, staff will direct you through the drive-through or inside Suite 200 for evaluation.
TJC has partnered with UT Health East Texas to provide a FREE on-campus clinic to students. If you have health-related questions or need healthcare for minor illness or injury, please come to the TJC Campus Clinic.
The Campus Clinic is located on the second floor of Robert M. Rogers Nursing & Health Sciences Center on the corner of 5th and Fleishel. The TJC Campus Clinic is staffed on weekdays (8 a.m. to 5 p.m.) by a Certified Family Nurse Practitioner.
- Diagnosis and treatment of illness or injury
- Physical exams
- Orders for lab/X-ray
- Immunizations and TB skin tests for allied healthcare students
- Flu and other vaccines
- Access to Licensed Professional Counselors (LPC)
- Minor injury (cuts, burns, sprains, etc.)
- Minor illness (cold, headaches, nausea, bladder infections, etc.)
- Medical emergency (evaluation and preparation for transfer to an emergency department)
- Blood pressure check
- Eye examination
- Nutritional Information
- Preventative Medicine
Appointments at the campus clinic are free for students. Please walk-in to our office, or make an appointment by calling 903-510-3862.
After hours students and employees may access the answering service by calling 903-510-3862, which will forward any questions to UT Health East Texas. If the nurses determine that immediate care is needed after hours, they will direct the student or employee to the nearby emergency room.
All services rendered by the Campus Clinic are completely confidential.