The campus clinic is open with normal Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m. operating hours.
Resources for students who may have COVID-19
If you think you are sick with COVID-19, please do not go to the Campus Clinic. We have set up a process at the UT Health Clinic at 5th Street and Beckham to expedite appointments for TJC students with respiratory issues (that may or may not be COVID-19). Call 903-596-3918 or 903-596-3548 to make an appointment. Please identify yourself as a TJC student to minimize any confusion.
If you are advised to self-quarantine due to a positive exposure, you will also need to follow the CDC guidelines of being 10 days asymptomatic since last date of exposure. Please seek care at the 5th Street location if you become symptomatic after exposure (Fever, Cough, Shortness of Breath).
- Call 903-596-3918 or 903-596-3548 to make an appointment and inform them you are a TJC student.
- After making an appointment, please proceed to UT Health Clinic located at:
- 1000 E Fifth Street, Suite 200
- Tyler, TX 75701
- Upon arrival please call: 903-574-3301 or 903-574-3323
- Once notified, staff will direct you through the drive-through or inside for evaluation.
TJC has partnered with UT Health East Texas to provide a FREE on-campus clinic to students. If you have health-related questions or need healthcare for minor illness or injury, please come to the TJC Campus Clinic.
The Campus Clinic is located on the second floor of Robert M. Rogers Nursing & Health Sciences Center on the corner of 5th and Fleishel. The TJC Campus Clinic is staffed on weekdays (8 a.m. to 5 p.m.) by a Certified Family Nurse Practitioner.
- Diagnosis and treatment of illness or injury
- Physical exams
- Orders for lab/X-ray
- Immunizations and TB skin tests for allied healthcare students
- Flu and other vaccines
- Access to Licensed Professional Counselors (LPC)
- Minor injury (cuts, burns, sprains, etc.)
- Minor illness (cold, headaches, nausea, bladder infections, etc.)
- Medical emergency (evaluation and preparation for transfer to an emergency department)
- Blood pressure check
- Eye examination
- Nutritional Information
- Preventative Medicine
Appointments at the campus clinic are free for students. Please walk-in to our office, or make an appointment by calling 903-510-3862.
After hours students and employees may access the answering service by calling 903-510-3862, which will forward any questions to UT Health East Texas. If the nurses determine that immediate care is needed after hours, they will direct the student or employee to the nearby emergency room.
All services rendered by the Campus Clinic are completely confidential.