Take the first step toward paying for college by filling out the FAFSA. We understand that the FAFSA can be vital to financing your student's education and are here to help with the many resources below.
TJC's School Code is 003648. You'll need this code when you fill out the FAFSA app.
Personal FAFSA Assistance
Contact the Federal Student Aid Information Center for live chat, phone, and/or email FAFSA assistance. Live support is available at times convenient with your schedule.
Start your FAFSA App
Use the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA®) form to apply for financial aid for college. Completing the FAFSA form is free. Fill it out now.
What You Need to Complete the FAFSA
- Student's Social Security Number
- Parent's Social Security Number
- Students Driver License Number if they have one
- Student's Alien Registration Number if they are not a US citizen
- Federal Tax Information or Tax Returns for the student and the parents if the student is still a dependent. Eligible students and parents who filed a U.S. tax return with the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) now have the ability to have their tax information transferred directly into the FAFSA form with the IRS Data Retrieval Tool (IRS DRT).
- Untaxed Income Information such as interest income, noneducation veteran benefits, child support received for the student and the parents if the student is still a dependent
- Financial Information such as cash, bank account balances, investment accounts, businesses and farms for the student and the parents if the student is still a dependent
Information in Financial Aid
- Purchasing Textbooks
- Dependency Status
- Attendance Requirements
- IRS Transcript Information
- Undocumented Students
- Summer Financial Aid
- Financial Aid Disbursement
- Student Employment/Work Study Jobs
- Parent PLUS Loans
- Satisfactory Academic Progress
- Tuition and Fee Breakdown
- Net Cost Calculator
- Tuition Payment Agreement
- COVID-19 Emergency Funding
- Financial Aid Traffic Lights
Frequently Asked Questions
- Do I need to fill out a FAFSA every semester?
- Can I use Financial Aid at the Bookstore?
- I am currently attending another college and will transfer to TJC. What do I need to do regarding my financial aid?
- How can I check my financial aid status?
- Am I eligible to be a Work Study student?