Disbursement & Refund Dates
You could have multiple disbursement & refund dates depending on when your classes begin, the type of financial aid you receive, your enrollment status, and when you are awarded.
Award Notification emails will be sent once awards have been posted to Apache Access. During this process, please monitor your Financial Aid traffic lights page in Apache Access daily.
The Stafford Loan MPN (master promissory note) must be completed ten days before a fund release. Any delay in your MPN will mean a delay in receiving any remaining amounts.
- What is a disbursement? When financial aid funds liquidate or are converted into a payment toward student accounts. This is not the date refunds will be available on your selected refund preference with BankMobile Disbursements.
- What is a refund? After financial aid has been disbursed and a student's account balance has been paid in full, students will receive a refund if remaining funds are available. Refunds are available every week but are subject to change due to bank holidays, etc. Watch your Apache Access traffic lights to see when your refund will process.
- When are the general disbursement/refund dates?
- All grants; loans for non-first-time borrowers: mid-September
- Loans for first-time borrowers: late September
- All grants; loans for non-first-time borrowers: early February
- Loans for first-time borrowers: mid to late February
2023-24 Initial Disbursement Dates:
- Fall refunds begin Sept. 18, 2023
- Spring refunds begin Feb. 5, 2024
- Summer refunds begin June 10, 2024
The refunds on these initial refund dates do not include scholarships or state grants. Refunds are usually made available weekly but are subject to change. Watch your Apache Access refund traffic lights to monitor your refund process.
REMEMBER: All financial aid requirements must be completed before any awards disburse. Students receiving loans MUST complete entrance loan counseling and MPN before loans disburse.