Disbursement & Refund Dates
You could have multiple disbursement & refund dates depending on when your classes begin, the type of financial aid you are receiving, your enrollment status, and when you are awarded.
Award Notification emails will be sent to you once awards have been posted to Apache Access. Please monitor your Financial Aid traffic lights page in Apache Access on a daily basis during this process.
The Stafford Loan MPN (master promissory note) must be completed at least 10 days before a fund release date. Any delay in your MPN will mean a delay in receiving any remaining amounts.
- What is a disbursement? When financial aid funds liquidate or convert into a payment towards student accounts. This is not the date refunds will be available on your selected refund preference with BankMobile Disbursements.
- What is a refund? After financial aid has disbursed and a student's account balance has been paid in full, if remaining funds are available, students will receive a refund. Refunds are made available on a weekly basis, but subject to change due to bank holidays, etc. Watch your Apache Access traffic lights to see when your refund will process.
- When are the general disbursement/refund dates?
- All grants; loans for non-first-time borrowers: mid-September
- Loans for first-time borrowers: late September
- All grants; loans for non-first-time borrowers: early February
- Loans for first-time borrowers: mid to late February
2022-23 Initial Disbursement Dates:
- Fall refunds begin September 12, 2022
- Spring refunds begin February 6, 2023
- Summer refunds begin June 12, 2023
The refunds on these initial refunds dates do not include scholarships or state grants. Refunds are usually made available on a weekly basis, but subject to change. Watch your Apache Access refund traffic lights to monitor your refund process.
REMEMBER: All financial aid requirements must be completed before any awards will disburse. Students receiving loans MUST complete entrance loan counseling and MPN before loans disburse.