Disbursement & Refund Dates
You could have multiple disbursement & refund dates depending on when your classes begin, the type of financial aid you are receiving, your enrollment status, and when you are awarded.
Award Notification emails will be sent to you once awards have been posted to Apache Access. Please monitor your Financial Aid traffic lights page in Apache Access on a daily basis during this process.
The Stafford Loan MPN (master promissory note) must be completed at least 10 days before a fund release date. Any delay in your MPN will mean a delay in receiving any remaining amounts.
- What is a disbursement? When financial aid funds liquidate or convert into a payment towards student accounts. This is not the date refunds will be available on your BankMobile refund selection.
- What is a refund? After financial aid has disbursed and a student's account balance has been paid in full, if remaining funds are available, students will receive a refund. Refunds are made available each Monday on a weekly basis, but subject to change due to bank holidays, etc. Watch your Apache Access traffic lights to see when your refund will process.
- When are the general disbursement/refund dates?
- All grants; loans for non-first-time borrowers: mid-September
- Loans for first-time borrowers: late September
- All grants; loans for non-first-time borrowers: early February
- Loans for first-time borrowers: mid to late February
Fall 2018 Disbursement Dates:
- Fall classes that begin August 27, 2018 will begin disbursing Sept. 17, 2018
- Fall classes that begin September 18, 2018 will begin disbursing Oct. 8, 2017
- Fall classes that begin October 22, 2018 will begin disbursing Nov. 5, 2018
Initial Refund Date:
Refunds for Fall 2018 begin the week of Monday, September 17, 2018 – The refunds on this date do not include scholarships or state grants. Pell Grant and student loan funds are the only types of aid that will be refunded on this particular refund date.
Refunds are usually made available on a weekly basis, but subject to change. Watch your Apache Access refund traffic lights to monitor your refund process.
REMEMBER: All financial aid requirements must be completed before any awards will disburse. Students receiving loans MUST complete entrance loan counseling and MPN before loans disburse.