TEAS for ADN program
All Associate Degree Nursing Traditional RN applicants must take the ATI TEAS exam which is administered by the Testing Services department (Rogers Student Center on the TJC main campus OR TJC West Campus).
What is the TEAS?
The ATI TEAS (Test of Academic Skills) is a standardized test covering a variety of areas relevant to healthcare education, including reading, mathematics, science, English and language usage. The TEAS exam is designed specifically to assess a student’s preparedness entering the health science fields. Read more about the ATI TEAS exam format.
ATI TEAS Exam Requirements
The ATI TEAS is a standardized test covering a variety of areas relevant to healthcare education, including reading, mathematics, science, English and language usage.
Your ATI TEAS exam score must meet the following requirements:
- You must score a minimum of 50% or better
- You must have a minimum of 90 days between each attempt
- Scores expire one year from the date they are taken
Steps to Register & Prepare for the TEAS Exam:
- Download the Traditional RN Preparation Packet and follow the directions on how to schedule a testing appointment with the TJC Testing Services department.
- Create a student account with ATI at www.atitesting.com/teas.
> Click on ‘Create Account’ on the top right of the page.
> Create your username and password. Keep this in a safe place.
> When asked, select “Tyler JC ADN TEAS” from the Institutions drop down menu.
- Schedule your ATI TEAS Appointment at TJC
Use the steps below to reserve your appointment with the TJC Testing Center and prepare for the TEAS exam:
- Go to: www.tjctesting.setmore.com
- Select 'Associate Degree Nursing - ATI TEAS'
- Select which campus and an appointment time
- Input the required personal information
- Click 'submit' to register and receive a confirmation email
- Read the Steps to Register & Prepare for the TEAS Exam
- Print your confirmation email. You need to present this at your testing appointment.
- If you cannot attend your appointment, please go back into www.tjctesting.setmore.com and cancel your appointment within 48 hours of your scheduled appointment time so this time slot becomes available to others. If you need to cancel your appointment within 48 hours of your appointment time, please contact the TJC Testing Services department directly at 903-510-2617 for the main campus or 903-510-2993 for TJC West
- When you arrive for your appointment, you need to pay a $25.00 proctoring fee. Payment can be made at the Testing Center or the Cashier’s Office in White Administration Building. The Cashier’s Office and the Testing Center will accept check, credit card, money order or cash payments. Make sure you have the following items at your appointment:
- ATI Username and PasswordValid photo ID
- Appointment Confirmation Email
- Proctor fee receipt
- Valid photo ID
- Once you are logged in to your ATI account and the proctor has entered in the password code, you will be required to make an online payment of $65.00 to ATI (applicable taxes will be applied).
NOTE: This will require a credit card or gift card. No debit cards allowed. You need to pay before proceeding with the exam.
ATI TEAS Exam Results
You can access your exam scores by logging into your ATI student account at www.atitesting.com. Click on the “my results” tab in the top menu, this takes you to the proctored assessment page. You can then access your assessment report on any of your completed exams.
For instructions on how to submit your ATI TEAS scores for your ADN application, download the Traditional RN Preparation Packet and see the ‘ATI TEAS Entrance Exam’ section.
Students with disabilities that wish to request testing accommodations should contact Margaret Rapp, Disability Services Director, RSC 308, (903) 510 2878. In order to provide reasonable testing accommodations, requests must be made at least two weeks in advance of the testing date.