RN Fundamentals and Critical Thinking
All Associate Degree Nursing LVN-RN Transition and Paramedic-RN Transition applicants must take the ATI RN Fundamentals 2016 and the ATI Critical Thinking exams which are administered by the Testing Services department (Rogers Student Center on the TJC main campus OR at TJC West).
Steps to Register & Prepare for the ATI RN Fundamentals 2016 & ATI Critical Thinking Exams:
- Download the LVN-RN Preparation Packet or the Paramedic-RN Preparation Packet and follow the directions on how to schedule a testing appointment with the TJC Testing Services department.
- Create a student account with ATI at www.atitesting.com/teas.
> Click on ‘Create Account’ on the top right of the page.
> Create your username and password. Keep this in a safe place.
> When asked, select “Tyler JC ADN” from the Institutions drop-down menu.
- When you arrive for your appointment, you need to pay a $25.00 proctoring fee. Payment can be made at the Testing Center or the Cashier’s Office in White Administration Building. The Cashier’s Office and the Testing Center will accept check, credit card, money order or cash payments. Make sure you have the following items at your appointment:
- ATI Username and Password
- Appointment Confirmation Email
- Proctor fee receipt
- Valid photo ID
- Once you are logged in to your ATI account and the proctor has entered in the password code, you will be required to make two online payments of $31.00 and $44.00 to ATI. NOTE: This will require a credit card or gift card. No debit cards allowed. You need to pay before proceeding with the exam.
ATI RN Fundamentals 2016 & ATI Critical Thinking Exam Results
You can access your exam scores by logging into your ATI student account at www.atitesting.com. Click on the “my results” tab in the top menu, this takes you to the proctored assessment page. You can then access your assessment report on any of your completed exams.
For instructions on how to submit your ATI scores for your ADN application, download the LVN-RN Preparation Packet or the Paramedic-RN Preparation Packet and see the ‘ATI RN Fundamentals 2016 & ATI Critical Thinking Entrance Exams’ section.
Students with disabilities that wish to request testing accommodations should contact Margaret Rapp, Disability Services Director, RSC 308, (903) 510 2878. In order to provide reasonable testing accommodations, requests must be made at least two weeks in advance of the testing date.
Use the links provided in your appointment confirmation email to reschedule or cancel your appointment. If it is less than 48 hours