TEAS for ADN program
All Associate Degree Nursing Traditional RN applicants must take the ATI TEAS exam which is administered by the Testing Services department (Rogers Student Center on the TJC main campus OR TJC West Campus).
What is the TEAS?
The ATI TEAS (Test of Academic Skills) is a standardized test covering a variety of areas relevant to healthcare education, including reading, mathematics, science, English and language usage. The TEAS exam is designed specifically to assess a student’s preparedness entering the health science fields. Read more about the ATI TEAS exam format.
Steps to Register & Prepare for the TEAS Exam:
- Download the Traditional RN Preparation Packet and follow the directions on how to schedule a testing appointment with the TJC Testing Services department.
- Create a student account with ATI at www.atitesting.com/teas.
> Click on ‘Create Account’ on the top right of the page.
> Create your username and password. Keep this in a safe place.
> When asked, select “Tyler JC ADN TEAS” from the Institutions drop down menu.
- When you arrive for your appointment, you need to pay a $25.00 proctoring fee. Payment can be made at the Testing Center or the Cashier’s Office in White Administration Building. The Cashier’s Office and the Testing Center will accept check, credit card, money order or cash payments. Make sure you have the following items at your appointment:
- ATI Username and Password
- Appointment Confirmation Email
- Proctor fee receipt
- Valid photo ID
- Once you are logged in to your ATI account and the proctor has entered in the password code, you will be required to make an online payment of $65.00 to ATI.
NOTE: This will require a credit card or gift card. No debit cards allowed. You need to pay before proceeding with the exam.
ATI TEAS Exam Results
You can access your exam scores by logging into your ATI student account at www.atitesting.com. Click on the “my results” tab in the top menu, this takes you to the proctored assessment page. You can then access your assessment report on any of your completed exams.
For instructions on how to submit your ATI TEAS scores for your ADN application, download the Traditional RN Preparation Packet and see the ‘ATI TEAS Entrance Exam’ section.
Students with disabilities that wish to request testing accommodations should contact Margaret Rapp, Disability Services Director, RSC 308, (903) 510 2878. In order to provide reasonable testing accommodations, requests must be made at least two weeks in advance of the testing date.
Use the links provided in your appointment confirmation email to reschedule or cancel your appointment. If it is less than 48 hours before your appointment you must contact the Testing Center directly (Main Campus or West Campus) to cancel or reschedule your appointment.