If you receive a bomb threat:
- Obtain as much information as possible from the caller.
- Keep caller on phone as long as you can.
- Have someone notify Campus Police immediately.
- When a threatening call is received, attempt to learn the following:
- When is the bomb set to go off?
- What is the explosive?
- What does it look like?
- Where in the building is it?
- Did you place the bomb?
- What does the voice sound like? (man, woman, child, accents, etc.)?
- Were there any identifiable sounds in the background?
- Exact wording of the threat.
- CALMLY notify others in your area.
Immediately after the call:
- Evacuate area/building.
- Notify Campus Police at 903-510-2222 and/or call 911.
Campus Police will notify campus administrators when it is safe to return to the building.