In order to prepare for a successful orientation experience and the start of the academic year, we have compiled a list of tasks to review and complete. Please note that students must submit TSI scores and/or exemptions before they can sign up for New Student Orientation (NSO).
Prepare to be an Apache
There is a complete list of enrollment steps for first-time college students here.
Below are a few key things that we recommend doing before attending orientation.
- Submit your transcripts
- This allows our advising team to provide you with the best service while at NSO
- Explore majors and careers
- We have a variety of tools and tips for individuals that have not discovered what they hope to major in or what career field they’d like to enter after graduating!
- Apply for financial aid
- Don’t let finances get in the way of achieving your dreams. Apply for aid early and check on your status while on campus at NSO.
After Attending Orientation
Now it’s time to prepare for the start of the school year! The following items are encouraged for all students to complete ahead of arriving on campus in August.
- Continue to check your TJC email account daily for important updates as the semester approaches.
- Should you have questions or concerns regarding your class schedule, or wish to change your major, reach out to your academic advisor for assistance.
- Complete the necessary FERPA forms to grant your parents or guardians access to your student account information, should you wish for it to be available to them.
- Consider registering for Ya-A-Te, a spirits and traditions camp hosted by the Center for Student Life and Involvement.
As always, feel free to reach out to us with any additional questions you have about preparing for the fall!