New Student Orientation
Our mission is to provide new students and their families with a positive transition experience fastened in our institutional promises of quality education, vibrant student life, and community service. During New Student Orientation you'll experience a slice of life here at TJC. You'll stay on campus at one of our 8 residence halls and meet fellow TJC freshman.
Before you leave orientation, you will:
- Feel great about your decision to attend TJC;
- Register for classes and get your schedule;
- Meet TJC faculty and learn about classroom expectations;
- Meet current students and learn from their experiences;
- Learn about campus clubs and organizations;
- Become familiar with the TJC campus and map out your classes;
- Be prepared for your successful journey through college.
- June 15-16
- June 19-20
- June 22-23
- July 10-11
- July 13-14
- July 17-18
- July 20-21
Registration opens March 1, 2017.
How to Sign up for New Student Orientation
Apply to TJC
Make sure you have applied for admission and received an A-number. Click here to learn how to apply.
Make sure your TSI scores are on file with the Admissions office. Click here to read more about the TSI test and exemptions.
Sign up for New Student Orientation
Pick from one of our seven Orientation dates throughout the summer. Registration for Orientation opens March 1, 2017.
New Student Orientation is the first step toward your academic success and graduation. Our personal approach is designed to ease your transition from high school to college both academically and socially.
Studies show that students who attend orientation are better prepared for their first semester in college and are more likely to graduate. Since your success is our mission, all first time in college students must attend New Student Orientation in order to be successful in their first year and beyond.
Families & Parents
College is a great opportunity for students to become more self-sufficient. It is also a great opportunity for parents to continue to offer their advice and wisdom while allowing their student to create their own path.
We are thankful to have the support of parents and family members and we recognize how significant each of these individuals are in the lives of our students. We are happy to offer separate, but concurrent, orientation programming for parents and family members.
Sample Two-Day Schedule
TJC Involvement and Resource Fair
Peer Led Small-Group Discussion
Academic Division Meeting
Campus Safety and Security Session
Center for Student Life and Involvement Session
TJC Traditions and Social Activities
Individualized Academic Advisor Meeting
Register for Classes
Receive your TJC ID Card
Order Textbooks for the Fall
Campus Department Information Sessions
Residence Hall Tours
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I switch orientation sessions?
- Can I stay overnight at New Student Orientation?
- Can I pay for New Student Orientation when I arrive?
- Do I have to attend New Student Orientation?
- Can I attend Preview Day instead of New Student Orientation?