What will I do at On-Campus orientation?
When you attend on-campus Orientation you will:
- Learn about TJC
- Talk to representatives from many TJC departments
- Meet current TJC students, faculty, and staff
- Get tips on on-campus life and learn about what goes on in college
- Learn about TJC policies and procedures
- Have your questions answered
- Meet other new students and parents
Who should attend orientation?
- All first-time-in-college students are required to participate in orientation
How long does orientation last?
- For one-day sessions, orientations will start around 9 a.m. and end by 5 p.m.
Will I have the opportunity to stay on campus for orientation?
- No. Our orientation sessions are only one-day.
Is there a fee for attending New Student Orientation?
- Orientation is free for students and their guests.
Can parents and family members attend orientation?
- Yes, they can. A maximum of 3 guests per student can attend.
Can I attend Preview Day instead of Orientation?
- No. Preview Day is a chance to visit TJC and learn more about our programs and offerings. New Student Orientation is a program designed to help you prepare for success as you prepare for your first semester at TJC.
Are meals provided at Orientation?
Yes, each registered participant will be provided lunch.
Can I switch orientation sessions?
- Yes! We understand that plans change and you may need to change your date. You can do this by logging into the registration system. If you need help, give us a call at 903-510-2523.