It's recommended to see an Academic Advisor every semester, but you're required to visit with an Advisor if:
- This is your first semester at TJC
- You have less than 24 credit hours
- You are not TSI complete in reading, writing or math
- You have less than a 2.0 GPA and on Academic Probation or Suspension
- You have 45 hours and are applying for graduation/verifying requirements met for transfer to a university next semester
- You need to change your major
- You have an advising hold, TSI hold or <24 hour hold on your Apache Access account preventing registration
How to see an advisor:
After applying to TJC, advising is the next step to getting registered for the classes you need.
Your Advising Appointment
After completing admissions and testing requirements, advising is the next step to starting your college experience at TJC. Please see your Academic Advisor well in advance of registration o…
Meet Your Advisors
Academic Advisors assist students pursuing majors offered by each school.
Degreeworks is an automated degree planning software app designed to help guide you through your college career.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What do I need before I can be advised?
- When is the best time get advised?
- Where can I find prerequisites for courses?
- Do you have a book version of your catalog?
- Can students who have never been to college before get cleared to register online without having to come to the campus?
- I don't know or don't remember my A#. Where can I get that information?
- Can I be advised by phone or email?
- Can I do a double major?
- Are there wait times for walk-in advising visits?
- If I have a hold on my file, can I have a transcript sent?
- I have a hold on my file, how to do I have this removed?