While we hope to help students self-advise when possible, an advising session is required or recommended if:
- You are a first time in college student
- You have less than a 2.0 cumulative GPA and on Academic Probation or Suspension
- You are within one semester of graduation or transferring to a four-year university
- You need to change your major
- You have an advising hold
- You need assistance with self-registration
TJC Connect LIVE
Our virtual sessions give you the chance to engage with admissions specialists, academic advisors, financial aid specialists, and ask questions of current students. Meet with the Academic Advising team to learn about the advising and registration process. Sign up below!
Welcome to Academic Advising
Advisors help you define, plan and achieve your academic and career goals. Visit with an advisor from your area prior to registering for classes. Our academic advisors are trained to help you select your classes and get the schedule that fits your lifestyle.
How to see an advisor:
After applying to TJC, advising is the next step to getting registered for the classes you need.
Your Advising Appointment
After completing admissions and testing requirements, advising is the next step to starting your college experience at TJC. Please see your Academic Advisor well in advance of registration o…
Contact an Advisor
Academic Advisors assist students pursuing majors offered by each school.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What do I need before I can be advised?
- When is the best time get advised?
- Where can I find prerequisites for courses?
- Do you have a book version of your catalog?
- I don't know or don't remember my A-Number. Where can I get that information?
- Can I do a double major?
- Are there wait times for walk-in advising visits?
- If I have a hold on my file, can I have a transcript sent?
- I have a hold on my file, how do I have this removed?