What do I need before I can be advised?
Pre-Academic Advising Checklist
While academic advising always looks forward to meeting with prospective and current TJC students, there are some steps you can complete to optimize your academic advising experience.
1. Apply for Admission
2. Fill out your FAFSA
- TJC General Scholarship application opens October 1 through April 1.
3. Apply for Housing (if staying in dorms)
4. Submit Official Transcripts
- Submit official high school transcript (w/ graduation date posted) to Admissions.
- Submit official college transcripts (if you have Dual Credit or transfer coursework) to the Office of the Registrar.
5. Take the TSI unless exempt
6. Visit with an advisor as a walk-in or conveniently schedule an appointment.
- Please note Zoom appointments are limited to TJC Students only, but prospective students are always welcome via walk-in during regular business hour