Welcome to the homepage for the Division of Academic and Student Affairs. We exist to serve students from orientation to graduation, and we are committed to promoting and supporting the promises of Tyler Junior College.
I am most proud of our students, who in addition to excelling academically, are engaged in giving back to our communities through their leadership in student organizations, athletic programs, and cultural and artistic events, focused at promoting an institutional climate that embraces the values of TJC.
As Provost and Vice President, I am fortunate to work with brilliant minds, all focused at transforming our region for the better. In addition to getting to know more about TJC through our webpage, I strongly invite you to visit with us personally, so that you too, can become a vital member of Apache Nation!
Juan E. Mejia
Provost & Vice President for Academic and Student Affairs
The School of Nursing & Health Sciences
Dental Hygiene, Diagnostic Medical Sonography, Human Services, Medical Laboratory Technolog, Nursing, Associate Degree, Nursing, Vocational (VN), Radiologic Technology, Respiratory Care, Sur…
The School of Engineering, Mathematics & Sciences
Biology, Chemistry, Engineering, Economics, Environmental Science, General Studies, Geology, Health and Kinesiology, Mathematics, Physics, Government, Pre-Health Professions, Psychology, Sc…
The School of Humanities, Communications & Fine Arts
Art, Communications, Dance, English, Foreign Languages, General Studies, History, Music, Speech, Theatre/Musical Theatre, Humanities and Philosophy
Who We Are
- Dr. Tim Drain, Assistant Vice President - Athletics and Student Life
- Dr. Linda Gary, Dean of the Tyler Junior College School of Humanities, Communications and Fine Arts
- Lisa Harper, Dean - Curriculum and Compliance
- Debra Holcomb, Administrative Assistant - Academic and Student Affairs
- Dr. Tom Johnson, Assistant Vice President - Student Affairs
- Dr. Juan Mejia, Provost and Vice President for Academic and Student Affairs
- Paul Monagan, Dean - Nursing and Health Sciences
- Dr. Kenneth Murphy, Dean - Engineering - Mathematics and Sciences
- Dr. Tampa Nannen, Assistant Vice President - Academic Affairs
- Dr. Aubrey Sharpe, Dean - Continuing Studies/Ex. Adm. - West Campus & TJC Lindale
- Bryan Renfro, Dean, The School of Professional and Technical Programs