Welcome to Academic Advising at Tyler Junior College! We're here to encourage academic success by assisting students in selecting a degree plan compatible with their educational and career goals, referring to campus resources, assisting with university transfer, and providing ongoing guidance toward completion of their academic goal.
It's recommended to see an Academic Advisor every semester, but you're required to visit with an Advisor if:
- This is your first semester at TJC
- You have less than 24 credit hours
- You are not TSI complete in reading, writing or math
- You have less than a 2.0 GPA and on Academic Probation or Suspension
- You have 45 hours and are applying for graduation/verifying requirements met for transfer to a university next semester
- You need to change your major
- You have an advising hold, TSI hold or <24 hour hold on your Apache Access account preventing registration
Frequently Asked Questions
- Are there wait times for walk-in advising visits?
- What do I need before I can be advised?
- Can I get advising over the phone?
- Can I get advising over e-mail?
- What are acceptable forms of identification?
- When is the best time get advised?
- Can students who have never been to college before get cleared to register online without having to come to the campus?
- When is the testing center open?
- How do I request my transcript from my other Colleges and Universities to be evaluated?
- If I have a hold on my file can I have a transcript sent?
- I have a hold on my file. How do I have this removed?
Contact a TJC advisor
Call us to make an appointment or determine walk-in availability:
& Health Sciences
& Technical Programs
Academic Advising Center, RSC, 2nd floor
Pirtle Technology 202