Cultural Arts District
For the last 90 years, our fine and performing arts programs have been somewhat of a hidden gem. We’re proud to bring them to the forefront with our new TJC Cultural Arts District. Located in the heart of our main campus, the TJC Cultural Arts District features a variety of art and science programs across four venues, including:
- Rogers Palmer Performing Arts Center
- Jean Browne Theatre
- The Center for Earth & Space Science Education
- Tyler Museum of Art
If you’ve ever been to a concert or show on our campus, you already know that the depth of artistic talent among our faculty and students is astounding.
Rogers Palmer Performing Arts Center
The Rogers Palmer Performing Arts Center is TJC's newest edition to the cultural arts district. A renovation of the historic Wise Auditorium, the new center features
- 19,000 square feet in additional space
- A new stage, adding more than 2,000 square feet and updated technology
- A renovated auditorium with new seating
- Acoustical treatments and sound system
- New performance space and art gallery
- A large main lobby with accessible box office, concession and event areas
- Spacious green room
- Rehearsal and dance studios
- A presidential suite for hosting community guests
- New dressing rooms and backstage area
- Administrative offices.
You might also like
Test The Science CenterRead More
The Science Center
Experience the 40' dome theatre in the Center for Earth and Space Science Education
Test MusicRead More
The Music Department is the academic department associated with music and band.
Test TheatreRead More
Visit the theatre department to learn about theatre and musical theatre degrees.