Chapter 30 provides up to 36 months of educational benefits to service members with at least two years of active duty. This benefit is typically payable for ten years following a service member’s release from active duty.
Note: All required documentation for benefit consideration must be received by the Veteran and Military Services office no later than one week before classes start to guarantee certification of classes. Please allow up to 10 days after all documents are received to confirm eligibility for benefits.
Applying for Chapter 30 Benefits at TJC for the First Time
- To apply for benefits, visit the VA website and follow the instructions. Submit your VA Certificate of Eligibility to Veterans@tjc.edu.
- Submit a TJC VA Enrollment Certification Request Form.
- Send the following to Veterans@tjc.edu or in person at the Rogers Student Center:
- VA Certificate of Eligibility
- DD 214
- Proof of FAFSA submission
- Visit your TJC academic advisor to confirm your major and provide an official academic degree plan after registering for classes through email to Veterans@tjc.edu or in person in the Rogers Student Center.
- If applicable, please provide official military transcripts to both the Office of the Registrar at Registrars@tjc.edu and the Veteran and Military Services Office at Veterans@tjc.edu:
Returning or Continuing Chapter 30 Students – Required Each Term
- Submit An Enrollment Certification Request Form.
- Provide proof of FAFSA submission if the term is in a new academic year through email to Veterans@tjc.edu or in person at the Rogers Student Center.
- Visit your TJC Academic Advisor to confirm your major and provide an official academic degree plan after registering for classes through email to Veterans@tjc.edu or in person in the Rogers Student Center.
- The VA requires Chapter 30 to verify your attendance every month in order to ensure payment. You can verify your attendance by calling 1-877-823-2378 or online at gibill.va.gov/wave/index.do.
- If this is your last term and you plan to graduate, submit a Confirm My Graduation form and inform the VA Office at Veterans@tjc.edu.