Large Coed/ Small Coed cheer squad
Single base coed flying experience is preferred and we highly suggest that all ladies wanting to try out for a flier position be able to co-ed stunt already. Men wanting to tryout will also need to have coed stunt experience. All trying out will need to have tumbling experience. Please keep in mind we are a very competitive team and will have more people trying out than we can take so every skill you can master will greatly increase your chances. Group stunting and flying experience is preferred as well as tumbling experience. Again, please keep in mind that this team will be a very competitive team and more people will tryout than we can take so every skill counts!
Recruit Clinics are for high school students and graduates who are interested in cheering in college and would like to attend Tyler Junior College. Our clinics are for All-Girl/ Small Coed/ Large Coed style cheerleaders. This is a great way to meet the current team and coaching staff and participate in a practice with us in a more relaxed setting before coming in to a tryout. The clinics are run JUST LIKE our tryouts. This is to allow those who come to see what they will be doing at tryouts and not feel so pressured when tryouts come around. We think that the tryout process should be relatively relaxed in order to get a better feel for what skills can be performed.
Benefits of being an Apache Cheerleader
- Performance Grant opportunities (scholarship)
- Uniforms and equipment provided
- Paid travel expenses (transportation, room and meals)
- Access to athletic trainers and training facilities
- Strength coach and access to work out facilities
- Kinesiology elective credits (1 credit hour per semester)
- Community Service event participation
- "College Game Day" experience and university cheer preparation
- Coaching staff with over 20 combined years of coaching all star, college and tumbling
- Participation at NCA Summer Camp
- Participation at NCA Collegiate Nationals, Daytona Beach, FL
- Must be enrolled in 12 or more semester credit hours (special circumstances considered).
- Must maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or more for team and performance grant eligibility.
- Must complete mandatory study hours to remain eligible for team events and participation.
- $500 Camp and practice wear payment (Due during the summer after tryouts)
- $1000 Team payment ($500 beginning of Fall semester / $500 beginning of Spring semester)
- Sponsorship/ fund raising goals (completed at a date specified by coaching staff)
- *** These payments and sponsorship/ fundraising is used only to supplement our budget for camp and Nationals. For more information on this please contact the coaching staff at 903.510.3813.
- Summer camp practice weeks and camp
- All practices and weight/ conditioning times
- All of Spring Break practices
- NCA Collage Nationals
- All home football games
- Will travel to a few away games and all travel playoff games
- All Men's and Women's home basketball games
- Will travel to a few away games and playoff games
- Support at home games for Women's Volleyball, Men's and Women's Soccer, Baseball, and Softball
- All recruit clinics
- Community service events