TJC Cheerleaders support Apache athletic programs by cheering at football, men's and women's basketball, as well as supporting all other athletic teams on campus.
The cheer team also facilitates pep rallies and special appearances, including community service activities, alumni events, civic events, and charitable events in the Tyler area. The TJC cheer team is a gameday-focused Co-Ed team.
Benefits of being an Apache Cheerleader
- Performance Grant opportunities (scholarship)
- Uniforms and equipment provided
- Paid travel expenses (transportation, room and meals)
- Access to athletic trainers and training facilities
- Kinesiology elective credits (1 credit hour per semester)
- Community Service event participation
- "College Game Day" experience and university cheer preparation