The mission of Vaughn Library is to provide effective learning resource services that support the educational purposes of Tyler Junior College as set forth in the mission statement of the college.
In keeping with that commitment, Vaughn Library recognizes its purpose to serve as an instrument of the total educational program. The Library supports the academic programs of the college by providing a well-organized and current collection of reference materials, print materials, audiovisual materials, and electronic resources. In addition, it provides services and technology to meet the needs of its patrons - faculty, staff, students, community users, and consortia users. Additionally, the Library has a community orientation and a commitment to helping meet the needs of business and industry in a changing global environment. Finally, Vaughn Library embraces the challenge of providing access to information and opportunities for lifelong learning.
Library Hours for the Winter Break
- Monday, Dec. 17–Thursday, Dec. 20: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Friday, Dec. 21–Sunday, Jan. 6: CLOSED
- Monday, Jan. 7–Friday, Jan. 11: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Saturday, Jan. 8: 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Sunday, Jan. 9: 1 p.m. to 5 p.m.
Resume regular long semester hours beginning January 14, 2019
Note: Vaughn Library will closed for MLK Day beginning Saturday, January 19 – Monday, January 21, 2019
Who We Are
- Laura Russell, Outreach Services Librarian
- Vicki Stewart, Administrative Assistant - Learning Resource Center
- Marian Jackson, Director - Learning Resource Center
- Robin Insalaco, College Archivist/Special Collections Librarian
- Kerry Johnson, Digitization Projects Manager
- Daniel McKenzie, Patron Services Manager
- Lilly Smith, Collections Development Librarian
- Leif Pierson, Reference/Serials Librarian