Students who live in the TJC service area and graduate in either the top 10 or top 10 percent of their class are automatically eligible for the Presidential Honors Scholarship, which guarantees your automatic admission into Presidential Honors at TJC.
To accept the Presidential Honors Scholarship, simply complete the online acceptance form included in the offer packet mailed to you. Even if you’re not automatically awarded the Presidential Honors Scholarship, you may be eligible for a competitive Presidential Honors or other scholarships.
Guidelines for high school graduating students
- Rank in the top 25% at the end of their junior year
- Achieve a 3.5 high school GPA (unweighted) AND meet one of the following testing requirements:
- ACT - Composite score of 26 or higher with a minimum of 19 on each the English and Math sub-tests
- Old SAT - Combined score of 1200 on the Math and Critical Reading sub-tests, with a minimum of 500 on each.
- New SAT – Minimum score of 650 in evidence-based reading and writing and minimum score of 620 in math.
Current college students must meet the following criteria to be considered for the program:
- TJC or other college GPA of 3.3 or greater (>9 hrs. of coursework completed)