The English department at TJC provides a broad foundation for the core of a college education. As an English major, you’ll read and analyze literature while learning the important components of writing and composition.
Our program will help you enhance your writing, critical thinking and reading skills, while also expressing your creativity. This is an opportunity to expand your mind as you continue on your professional or educational pathway.
The English department is a close community of professors and students committed to their craft. Our faculty-to-student ratio is incredibly low, with one faculty member for every five students who are English majors–nearly unheard of in an English department anywhere in higher education. This fosters a creative and nurturing environment where students build deep and lasting connections with their faculty and fellow students.
Why choose English at TJC
Low faculty-student ratio
Our English department has one faculty member for every five English majors.
We have agreements with universities in Texas which guarantees your courses will transfer.
Our writing center is a free resource for students who need help writing, or just want someone to look over their papers.
Test Apply to TJCRead More
Apply to TJC
Our online application is simple and easy. Apply today!
Test Presidential Honors ProgramRead More
Presidential Honors Program
The Presidential Honors Program at TJC aspires to instill our students with a passion for…
Test Degree ProgramsRead More
TJC offers more than 125 degree and certificate programs
Who We Are
- Alyssa Haynes, Professor/Department Chair - English
- Chelsea Alexander, Professor - English
- Cheryl Engelbrecht, Professor - English
- Karl Zuehlke, Professor/ Coordinator - English
- Traci Borum, Professor - English
- Matthew Bennett, Professor - English
- Jeremy Light, Professor - English
- Bill Lancaster, Professor - English
- Judi Bateman, Professor - Humanities
- Dr. Jill Johnson, Professor - English
- Patricia Tydings, Professor - English
- Donnie Faltesek, Professor - English
- Regan Minkel, Professor - English
- Dr. Jim Richey, Dean - School of Humanities, Communications and Fine Arts
- Austin Herrera, Professor - English
- Brittni Tracy, Professor - English
- Silvana Vierkant, Professor - English
- Lena Liedtke, Professor - English
- Joan Bruckwicki, Professor - English
- Dr. Bridget Moore, Professor - English
- Leigh Ann Olejnik, Professor - English
- David Dickerson, Professor - English
- Pam Spell, Professor - English
- Lucas Shepherd, Professor - English