The chemistry department at TJC leads East Texas two-year colleges with the most up-to-date labs and instruction. Chemistry grads can expect to enter a four-year school with courses that transfer and with the skills they need to complete a bachelor’s degree.
Our professors have decades of experience teaching chemistry at the college level. With an average class size of about 20 people, we can offer individual help and hands-on instruction for our students.
Chemistry is an exciting and challenging career path. Chemists are needed in all sectors, public and private, and they command high salaries. The median salary in the United States for all chemists is $94,000, with Ph.D's making six-figure incomes.
The chemistry program at TJC is a robust and attractive degree option for any student wishing to have a cutting-edge career in science.
Who We Are
- Rodney Whetzel, Professor/Department Chair - Chemistry
- Larry Cook, Professor/Coordinator - Chemistry Laboratory
- Catherine Elueze, Professor - Chemistry
- Ronda Howe, Professor - Chemistry
- Rob Root, Professor - Chemistry
- James Rozell, Professor - Chemistry
- Nate Smith, Professor - Chemistry
- Idalia Trent, Professor - Chemistry
Our biology department at TJC is an energetic community of top-notch professors from all over the United States including four Ph.D's. The biology department is deeply rooted in the academic history of TJC.
With our Physics AS, you can move forward in your career and develop new technologies, met…
TJC offers the prerequisite courses needed for admission into professional schools in vari…