At Tyler Junior College, many of your exams will be proctored. Your course syllabus, along with instructions in the Start Here module of your course, will let you know whether your exams require proctoring.
You have three options for taking a proctored exam at TJC:
- At either the TJC Main Campus or TJC West Testing Centers.
- Locate an approved proctoring site that is local to you, and complete the TJC Testing Center's Proctor Agreement form.
- Use TJC’s remote online proctoring system.
The main campus TJC Testing Center is located on the second floor of the Rogers Student Center and the TJC West Testing Center is located in the Regional and Training Development Complex building. Check the Testing Services website for the hours of operation. Bring your TJC student ID or other official photo identification card.
A Local Approved Proctoring Site
It is your responsibility to locate an approved proctoring site for your exams. Approved sites can be a junior or community college, a university, commercial testing center, or the testing center at a military base or place of employment. Libraries, close personal friends, relatives, and job supervisors are not approved. Before taking any exam, you will need to present an official photo ID at the proctoring site. Be aware that most proctoring locations charge a fee. You are responsible for the payment of that fee.
After you have located an approved proctoring site, complete the TJC Testing Center’s Proctor Agreement form. You will need a separate form for each course that requires proctored exams. Follow these instructions for completing the form:
Download the Proctor Agreement form.
- Complete the top portion of the Proctor Agreement Form and have your chosen proctoring site complete the middle section. The proctor must sign the Proctor Agreement Statement.
- Email the completed Proctor Agreement form to TestingServices@tjc.edu. The TJC Testing Center needs at least a week to process the form.
- The TJC Testing Center staff will contact your proctor to verify that the site meets the TJC requirements.
- They will then send the information needed for your exam to the approved proctor.
Remember that it is your responsibility to contact your proctor and make the appointments needed for your testing.
If you encounter any problems with your testing arrangements, please contact the TJC Testing Center immediately at 903-510-2617.
Remote Online Proctoring
You must qualify to use this option and have appropriate technology available to use this option. This includes a computer, reliable internet service, and a web camera as you will be observed during the exam process. The TJC Testing Center will determine whether you meet the criteria. The expectation is most students be proctored at either TJC testing centers. However, the Testing Center will consider any other extenuating circumstances that make it difficult for you to take your exams at TJC or at a testing center local to you. To determine whether you qualify for this option, please call the Testing Center at 903-510-2617.