Now you can study to become a certified healthcare professional at your own pace and within your schedule. The Electronic Health Records Management ONLINE program is offered by TJC with interactive learning modules, 24/7 mentoring, learning exercises, labs, and a student portal with career resources. To enroll today, click here: Enroll now.
The Electronic Health Records Management Profession
Access to health information is changing the ways doctors care for patients. With the nation’s healthcare system moving to the electronic medical record, numerous employment opportunities exist for medical assistants, health information systems staff, patient registration professionals, and other related positions. Healthcare professionals with the ability to understand, update and maintain electronic health records are in great demand.
- Tuition: $1,299.00
- Register: Enroll Now
- Contact: Call 888-574-6218
The Electronic Health Records Management Program
The Electronic Health Records Management program from TJC prepares students to understand and use electronic records in medical practice. Course reviews the implementation and management of electronic health information using common electronic data interchange systems and maintaining the medical, legal, accreditation, and regulatory requirements of the electronic health record. This course covers the following key areas:
- The medical record as a legal document
- The effect of confidential communication laws on the release of medical information and HIPAA
- "Real Life" EHR experience using Medcin software to perform health information tasks
- Skills required to use an EHR to manage patient visit information including the examination, assessment notes, and treatment plans.
- Data accuracy, consistency, completeness, and security of information
- Basic code set principles & their applications with an emphasis on the ambulatory/outpatient setting and an introduction to inpatient medical records.
- Electronic Health Records Management professionals should have or be pursuing a high school diploma or GED.
- Students who complete this comprehensive course would be prepared to sit for the National Healthcareer Association (NHA) Certified Electronic Health Record Specialist (CEHRS) exam.
Detailed Course Topics Covered
- Overview of various healthcare delivery systems with an emphasis on content and documentation requirements of the health record in various healthcare settings
- Designed to provide students with “real life” computer experience using Medcin software and performing tasks in health information departments. Tasks include admission procedures, information retention and retrieval, data entry, chart assembly, data collection, abstracting, code sets, and the release of information
- Structural components of the interactive EHR and how it supports communication and continuity of care including clinical standards such as SNOWMED CT, LOINC, and UMLS
- Perspective on how the EHR impacts work and workflow.
- Importance of the medical record as a legal document and the effect of confidential communication laws on the release of medical information such as protected health information and HIPAA
- The legal procedures involved in court disclosure of medical records
- Tasks include admission procedures, information retention and retrieval, data entry, chart assembly, data collection, code sets, and the release of information
Each Course Includes:
- 24/7 instructor support and course mentoring
- Student and instructor collaboration
- Engaging labs, student exercises, course videos, and animated simulations
- Student pre and post-assessments and online performance tracking
- National and state certification opportunities
- A secure Student Portal which includes: career guidance, resume writing, and other career resources
How to Enroll
To learn more about this program, contact us here or call 888-574-6218