Twelve Tyler Junior College students began their spring semester with $1,000 scholarships, as a result of the annual TJC Employee Campaign held last fall.
In 2021, 70 percent of all full-time TJC employees gave a total of $88,472 in either one-time donations or monthly payroll deductions. Employees specify where and how their funds are spent, with options ranging from TJC scholarships and programs to the United Way of Smith County.
TJC Employee Campaign scholarship recipients, their hometowns and majors include:
• Angelique Basile, Tyler, art
• Livia Divila, Tyler, general studies
• Tyler Dunford, Tyler, nursing
• Amanda Garza, Tyler, criminal justice
• Kristen Hoover, Alto, English
• Paulina Huerta Lira, Spring, dance
• Joshua Jarman, Van, English
• Christina Nardozza, Fairfield, diagnostic medical sonography
• Erika Patterson, Tyler, sign language interpreting
• Zoe Strout, Flint, medical laboratory technology
• Joseph Walker, Ore City, pre-nursing
• Zachary Zumbro, Will Point, general studies
For more on TJC scholarship opportunities, go to TJC.edu/scholarships.