Tyler Junior College is offering a weeklong Registration Extravaganza for its upcoming winter and spring terms.
Online registration is available at TJC.edu/register.
Walk-in advising and registration will be held on the second floor of Rogers Student Center on the TJC main campus.
Hours of operation will be 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Friday, Nov. 15-19, with extended hours until 7 p.m. on Thursday, Nov. 18.
Special giveaways will be handed out each day during walk-in registration, including:
• Monday: popcorn, games and a chance to win a TJC gift basket
• Tuesday: sweet treats including donut holes and juice in the morning and cookies and sodas in the afternoon
• Wednesday: spin the wheel for a chance to win prizes ranging from TJC umbrellas and blankets to T-shirts and baseball caps
• Thursday: throwback T-shirts with a vintage TJC logo design
• Friday: gourmet popcorn and sodas
Students who register this week will also be entered to win a $1,000 scholarship.
“For those who are not already TJC students, we will also have staff on hand to assist them with starting the admissions process,” said Claire Mizell, TJC director of admissions.
Winter Term is a three-week, online-only session set Dec. 20-Jan. 14. For a list of available courses, go to TJC.edu/winter.
Spring classes begin Tuesday, Jan. 18, and run through Friday, May 6.
TJC offers more than 115 degree and certificate programs, including a Bachelor of Science degree in dental hygiene and a Bachelor of Applied Technology in healthcare technology and medical systems, as well as extensive training and technical programs.
In addition to academics, TJC has nationally ranked athletics and stellar performing arts programs, all at about one-third of the cost of a four-year institution.