Registration for the Spring 2017 semester is under way at Tyler Junior College.
TJC’s spring semester runs Jan. 17-May 11 and includes four terms:
• 16-week, which spans the entire spring semester
• 12-week, which begins four weeks into the semester
• First eight-week, which includes the first half of the semester only
• Second eight-week, which includes the second half of the semester only
To register online or search course information, go to www.tjc.edu/register.
Walk-in advising and registration will be held 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Tuesday and Wednesday, Dec. 13 and 14, in the Apache Rooms located in Rogers Student Center.
Advisors from all areas will be available to assist with course selection, degree plan information and advising questions; and staff will be on hand to assist with online registration.
TJC will be closed for winter break from Dec. 19 through Jan. 2, and campus offices will reopen Tuesday, Jan. 3; however, online registration will be available 24 hours a day throughout the holidays.
Spring classes begin Tuesday, Jan. 17.
Established in 1926, Tyler Junior College is one of the largest community colleges in Texas, with about 11,500 students enrolled per semester.
TJC offers more than 120 degree and certificate programs, plus extensive training and technical programs, all at about one-third of the cost of a public, four-year institution. Students can transfer to a four-year institution or gain the skills they need to go directly into the workforce.
Notable alumni who got their start at TJC include:
• Jimmy Butler: Chicago Bulls player and gold medalist on the U.S. Men’s Olympic Basketball Team
• Bryan Hughes: State Senator-elect
• Will Jennings: Grammy and Academy Award-winning songwriter
• Sarah McClendon: journalist and longtime White House correspondent
• Chris Tomlin: Christian musician, songwriter and Grammy-winner
TJC features a 137-acre campus, strong academics, 54 national championships in athletics, stellar fine and performing arts programs; modern residential facilities, and organizations and clubs that reflect student diversity.
This year, the Aspen Institute College Excellence Program named TJC as one of the nation’s top 150 community colleges.