***Application Packets MUST be submitted online ONLY, starting Dec 1, 2019***
The Guidelines for Admission document outlines the admission requirements in detail. It has been designed to easily guide you through the application process.
December 1, 2019 to February 15, 2020@ 5:00 p.m.
Applicants selected will begin classes in June 2020.
Conditional Acceptance Requirements
- Accepted as a student at Tyler Junior College
- Cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher (or hold a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college)
- All of the following seven sections of the HESI A2 Exam must be completed (only one retest allowed per application year):
- Math (minimum score of 75 percent required)
- Reading (minimum score of 75 percent required)
- Vocabulary and General Knowledge
- Anatomy & Physiology
- Learning Styles (not included in points)
- Personality Profile (not included in points)
- Completed the following four science pre-requisites with a C or better:
(Only courses that transfer to TJC as listed)
- CHEM 1406: Introductory Chemistry I- Allied Health Emphasis OR CHEM 1405 Introductory Chemistry I
- BIOL 2401: Anatomy & Physiology I (prerequisite may be required)
- BIOL 2402: Anatomy & Physiology II
- BIOL 2420: Microbiology
- Completed 12 hours of observation of a dental hygienist