Career Planning FAQs
Why do students need career planning?
- To make the career and college major selection/confirmation a positive, less stressful experience.
- To find motivation and success with a major and career that is the "best fit."
- To promote staying enrolled and graduating "on time."
What can career planning provide for students?
- Free assessments that help with major selection/confirmation. Consultation and encouragement with a goal achievement plan. Occupational information (wages, growth rates).
When should students seek career planning assistance?
- Prior to or after acceptance to TJC.
- Follow-up consultations as needed while enrolled.
Connect with a career planning specialist!
- Walk-ins and appointments are welcome.
- Located in the Rogers Student Center.