Both EMT and Paramedic program applicants must apply to TJC through the Admissions Office. EMT students can self-register through Apache Access.
If you're going directly into the Paramedic program, please fill out the EMSP Admissions Application and return it to the EMSP Program Coordinator. You must already be certified as an EMT to go directly into the Paramedic program.
Background Check & Drug Screening:
After being accepted to the program you must undergo and pass a criminal background check and drug screening. There are no exceptions.
- Tuition and fees (Paramedic): $8,256
- Tuition and fees (EMT): Cost Calculator
- Books and supplies: $1,782
- On-campus room & board: $10,533
- Background check & Drug Screen: $115
Supplies and requirements
- Uniforms for students are included in tuition and fees
- EMS testing (Paramedic) access: $97.50
- Solid black shoes or boots
- Physical Exam
- Immunization Records
- Tdap – Tetanus, Toxoid, Reduced Diphtheria Toxoid, & Acellular Pertussis.
- MMR – Measles, Mumps, and Rubella
- Varicella (Chickenpox)
- Hepatitis B (With Titer)
- TB Skin Test
- Flu Vaccine (in season)
- Meningitis vaccine (if less than 22 years of age)
- Paramedic Care: Principles & Practice. Vols. 1-5, 5th Edition
- Basic Arrhythmias, 8th Edition
Mandatory paramedic student orientation
- Criminal background check and drug screen
- Immunization and HIPPA documentation
- Discuss class schedule
- Clinical orientation
All EMSP classes and programs qualify for federal student aid as well as veterans benefits.