Tyler Junior College is offering a ten-day service project in Costa Rica. The Project Goals:
- To actively participate in numerous outdoor service projects
- To meet the happiest people in the world
- To experience, understand and appreciate the cultural heritage of Costa Rica
- To engage in physical activities including hiking, biking, running, snorkeling, and surfing
- To explore a variety of natural environments in Costa Rica
- To engage in scientific investigations, including both botanical or agroforestry-centered and animal-focused projects
- To compare/contrast environmental and economic development policies in Costa Rica and US
- To explore many National Parks and enjoy the rainforest
Join us to develop your own respect for the history and beauty of Costa Rica.
What: Community service project in Costa Rica
Who: All TJC students are eligible
- Two Meals a Day
- Entrance Fees
- Land Transportation within Costa Rica and USA, Hotel Transfers
- Administration Fees and Orientation costs.
$1,000 will be awarded based on the following criteria:
- An essay of no less than 2 pages (4 copies) that
- describe your educational goals, and
- how those goals blend with the 3 promises of Tyler Junior College:
- a Quality Education,
- a Vibrant Student Life,
- and Community Service.
- An official transcript from the registrar (4 copies)
- One (1) letter of recommendation from a teacher (4 copies)
- With cover page (Name, address, telephone) entitling the packet. (4 copies)
- Submission deadline, upon registration
- Submit essays to Dr. K. (M. Khosrowshahi), Political Science, or Professor John Hays, Department Chair, Foreign Languages
- $100 non-refundable deposit due at the time of application
- Full payment is due upon registration
- Payment may be made by check or credit card. Make checks payable to Tyler Junior College.
Health, accident, baggage, and trip cancellation insurance is strongly recommended and is available from any travel agent.