Student Employment Process
1. Complete the Student Assistant/ Work study application in Human Resources.
2. Find a department interested in hiring you.
3. If hired, complete paperwork in Human Resources:
- Tax withholding (W-4) document
- I-9 Form (including proof of identity)
- F1 visa and social security card is required for international students
- Direct Deposit Authorization Form
- Policy Acknowledgement
- Non-Disclosure/ Confidentiality Agreement
4. If you are an international student, a letter from the hiring department will need to be sent to the Coordinator, International Student Admissions in order to begin the process to get a social security card.
5. Students cannot work more than 18 hours total (per week) in combined positions at TJC.
AREAS THAT EMPLOY STUDENT ASSISTANTS / WORK STUDY STUDENTS
- Admissions 1st Floor Rogers Student Center 903-510-3080
- Campus Police Campus Safety 903-510-2258
- Center for Student Life & Involvement 2nd Floor RSC 903-510-2259
- Dental Hygiene Office RNHS 903-510-2342
- Disability Services P-105 903-510-3026
- Family Learning Center of Tyler Family Learning Center 903-593-2295
- Health and Physical Education Center OHPE Center 903-510-2555
- Library Services Vaughn Library 903-510-2503
- Maintenance Baldwin Maintenance Bldg 903-510-2252
- Open Computer Lab Vaughn Library 903-510-2531
- Registrar Office 1st Floor Rogers Student Center 903-510-2401
- Tutoring Services LRC-2 903-510-2577
- Technical Assistant Center Vaughn Library 903-510-3208
OTHER OPTIONS (not TJC employment, but on-campus)
- Follett Bookstore RSC 903-510-2522
- Aramark Dining Services RSC 903-510-2516
- (Starbucks, Chick-Fil-A, Subway, Apache Junction)
This list is only intended to give examples of departments that employ students