Frequently asked questions | TJC

Frequently asked questions

What do I do with the Student Aid Report (SAR) that I received from the Department of Education after I completed the FAFSA?

  1. Check to see if your FAFSA was accepted and calculated. Find your EFC on the letter (first page) of the SAR. If there is a number by "EFC" the FAFSA has been accepted and processed. If there is not an EFC, the FAFSA was rejected and you must make corrections to your FAFSA.
  2. Check the colleges listed to see if TJC is on the list. If TJC is not listed, you must add our school code by making a FAFSA correction on the website at
  3. You need to check each question on the application to see if there are any errors that need to be corrected. Instructions should be included in the SAR which should be followed if it informs you of any issues. Any correction to the FAFSA must be done via the website at