COVID-19 Updates

TJC will continue to monitor the COVID-19 situation very closely and will adapt policies and procedures as necessary to keep our students, employees and campus safe and healthy.

COVID-19 Information Center

Frequently asked questions

I have already taken non-college credit courses or have sign experience; can I be exempt from some classes?

If a person has previously taken ASL classes and/or grew up “signing” it is recommended they take the Department examination. Once the examination is scored and you meet with the Department Chairperson a recommendation will be made. If you are placed in ASL II or ASL III and want to obtain the AAS degree you will be required to pay the appropriate fee for “credit by examination”.