Our biology department at TJC is an energetic community of top-notch professors from all over the United States including four Ph.D's. The biology department is deeply rooted in the academic history of TJC.
Our professors engage students in complex methods, practices, and theories in an approachable learning environment.
Biology is the first choice if you're interested in a career in medicine, dentistry, occupational therapy, optometry, pharmacy, physical therapy, physician assistant and veterinary medicine.
The Associate of Science in Biology will prepare you to transfer to a four-year university to complete your degree or continue your education at TJC in one of our health sciences professions.
The median annual wage of biochemists and biophysicists was $93,280 in the 2018 Bureau of Labor Statistics report.
This curriculum prepares you to work professionally in areas centered around biology. These include health professions that require an advanced degree such as medicine, dentistry, occupational therapy, optometry, pharmacy, physical therapy, physician assistant and veterinary medicine, as well as various research fields.
Who We Are
- Wendy Beckham, Professor - Biology/ Department Chair - Life Sciences
- Pamela Bean, Professor - Biology
- Gordon Betts, Professor - Biology
- Rebecca Bibby, Professor - Biology/ Nutrition and Diet Therapy
- Kelly Boucher, Biology Laboratory Specialist
- Jane Brach, Professor - Biology
- Mary Bridges, Biology Lab Specialist
- Dale Cates, Professor - Biology
- Kim Chastain, Biology Laboratory Specialist
- Lisa Cole, Biology Laboratory Specialist
- BJ Duplechain, Professor/Department Chair - Life Sciences
- Chelsie Flores, Professor - Biology
- Pam Gregory, Professor - Biology
- Leah Griggs, Office/ Records Coordinator - EMS
- Neena Keelin, Center for Anatomy and Physiology Coordinator
- Jeannie Lafferty, Professor - Biology
- Keitha McLain, Professor - Biology
- John Noll, Professor - Biology
- Danielle Pritchard, Professor - Biology
- Jocelyn Schmidt, Professor - Biology
- Teresa Van Schuyver, Biology Laboratory Specialist
- Karen Wynne, Biology Laboratory Specialist
Veterinary TechnicianRead More
Veterinary Technicians work in a variety of animal related fields, from small animal clinics to emergency centers, zoos and large farms.
Geology is a vibrant field of science that includes detailed field and laboratory work int…
The chemistry department at TJC leads East Texas 2-year colleges with the most up-to-date…