Want to become an Apache Belle?
If you know that you are interested in auditioning for the Apache Belles, complete the application.
- May 4th-5th and June 15th-16th
- Download the audition schedule
General Audition Requirements
Submit application either online through the Tryouts link or by bringing the completed application on the day of auditions
- Two photographs either attached to the online application on brought the morning of auditions- one in a swimsuit or leotard and the other is a picture of your choice.
- Three letters of recommendation. One must be from your current drill/ dance team director and/ or studio instructor.
- A personal letter addressing the Directors of the Apache Belles detailing why you desire to be an Apache Belle and what you feel you are able to contribute to the team.
*There is NO audition fee.
Apache Belle Application
- For printable document click here. Please complete it and email to the Apache Belle office at email@example.com. Candidates may bring all parts of the application with them on the first day of their audition.
Audition Elements and Schedule
|Individual Technical Preliminary Round|
Each candidate will be asked to execute a variety of turns, leaps, jumps and extensions put into various combinations that will be executed across the floor. These combinations can include any of the following:
Day One Post Preliminary Audition Schedule
Those that make it past across the floor preliminary round will learn choreography consisting of an Apache Belle Style High Kick Combination, a Hip Hop Combination, a Jazz combination and a Contemporary combination. Following the lunch break, all candidates will undergo a Conditioning Evaluation conducted as a circuit workout which will include upper body, lower body, abdominal and cardiovascular endurance. Candidates will be evaluated on mental toughness, physical fitness, will power and preparation. Each candidate will also be interviewed by a judging panel made up of alumni and other professionals who have a vested interest in TJC. The interview process will evaluate each candidate in the areas of the comprehensive nature of answers, poise, carriage and personality traits.
|Day 2 Apache Belle Audition Process|
Arrive dressed nicely for your formal introduction to the 71st line Sophomores and other judges.
After Introductions Apache Belle Auditions Day 2 will begin with group auditions which will include the across the floor combinations, and all choreography learned on the previous day. Once each group has completed their time, all candidates will return to the studio for Across the floor improvisation.
Across the Floor Improvisation- This portion of the audition process will take place in the presence of all candidates as well as the Sophomore Apache Belles and Judges. Music will be played and each candidate will need to go across the floor showing any skills that they would like the judges to see. We ask that all candidates do a minimum of 2 full eight counts and no more than 3 full eight counts. All technical skills should be connected with appropriate dance moves.
Tyler Junior College Admission
TJC Academic Scholarships
Each Apache Belle is encouraged to apply for academic scholarships with TJC. To increase your chances of receiving an academic scholarship, please click here and fill out and submit the required information as soon as possible.
Please begin the application process now if you plan to audition for the Apache Belles. You can do this online by going to TJC's Online Application.