Apache cheerleaders perform at sporting events on and off campus, represent the college at community events throughout the year, as well as compete in the Spring semester for national titles. Tryouts are held at the end of each long semester.
We are all set for this year and many exciting things are taking place with Apache Cheer! Please use the links to the right to find all the info on our teams, clinics, videos and pictures, as well as other important information on our programs and contact information.
Benefits of being an Apache Cheerleader
- Performance Grant opportunities (scholarship)
- Uniforms and equipment provided
- Paid travel expenses (transportation, room and meals)
- Access to athletic trainers and training facilities
- Kinesiology elective credits (1 credit hour per semester)
- Community Service event participation
- "College Game Day" experience and university cheer preparation
- Participation at NCA Summer Camp
- Participation at NCA Collegiate Nationals, Daytona Beach, FL
Apache Cheer Large Coed has been involved with school spirit and cheering on Apache Athletics since 1926. Today, Large Coed is made of up to 30 student athletes, male and female, and continue to spread Apache Pride every day. Along with a full time student status, our athletes practice 10+ hours a week, have mandatory weights and conditioning and stay involved with athletics and events on and off campus.
- Home Football games
- Home Men's Basketball games
- Home Women's Basketball games
- Pep rallies
- Other events include: attending volleyball, men's and women's soccer, orientations, and special events for TJC.
- Away Football games and playoff games
- Away Men's and Women's Basketball playoff games
- Charity events/ grand openings/ special events for TJC and for the Tyler community.
NCA College Nationals
- The NCA College National championship held in Daytona Beach, FL, is an important event for our program. This event is a privilege for our athletes for all the hard work throughout the year.