Welcome to the School of Nursing and Health Sciences. Our school includes programs of study designed to prepare students for challenging and rewarding careers in nursing and allied health occupations. Our graduates earn national certifications and then go directly to work in various health-related industries of East Texas and across the nation. Employers report that they find our graduates to be competent and well-prepared for successful careers. Our accredited programs routinely document high national board pass rates and student satisfaction. Graduates may also continue their education either at Tyler Junior College or other colleges and universities to further support their career aspirations.
Most programs of the School of Nursing and Health Sciences are housed in the Robert M. Rogers Nursing & Health Sciences Center, a 150,000 square foot facility that opened in 2015. The facility is designed similar to a modern hospital with high-tech simulation labs where students can learn to feel confident as they progress from classroom theory to application of knowledge and acquiring the skills they need in the actual job setting.
Our professors are certified healthcare industry veterans who have extensive education and experience in their fields. You’ll be getting a quality education from some of the most respected educators in their professions.
We hope you’ll find the information you need regarding our diverse nursing and allied health programs on this website.
Dr. Elizabeth Olivier
Dean, School of Nursing and Health Sciences
Degree & Certificate Programs
- Dental Hygiene Associate's
- Dental Hygiene Bachelor's
- Certified Dental Assisting
- Diagnostic Medical Sonography
- Diagnostic Echocardiography
- Emergency Medical Services Professions
- Health Information Technology
- Healthcare Administration
- Healthcare Administration, BAT
- Human Services
- Medical Laboratory Technology
- Medical Office Management
- Nursing, Associate Degree
- Nursing, Vocational (VN)
- Occupational Therapy Assistant
- Ophthalmic Medical Assisting
- Physical Therapist Assistant
- Radiologic Technology
- Respiratory Care
- Surgical Technology