Thank you for your interest in Tyler Junior College! With students from more than 80 countries studying here, innovative programs and a supportive community, we believe you’ll find an excellent educational experience at TJC!
The International Application Process is being revised. Please wait until September 1, 2014 to apply, so that you may submit your application according to the new application process.
|APPLICATION DEADLINES - IMPORTANT|
|FALL (August- December)||July 1st|
|SPRING (January- May)||November 1st|
|SUMMER I (June)||April 1st|
|SUMMER II (July)||April 1st|
Documents can be found on the related downloads page.
International students must first obtain an F-1 student visa through the U.S. Consulate in their home country before arriving in the United States. Tyler Junior College will issue an I-20 (Certificate of Eligibility for Nonimmigrant F-1 Students) after the following documents have been submitted to the Coordinator of International Admissions:
- Online Application to TJC
- TOEFL (Test Of English as a Foreign Language) score
- Students must have their scores sent directly to Tyler Junior College (code: 6833).
- Minimum scores are as follows:
- Computer-based (CBT)- 197
- Internet-based (IBT)-71
- Paper-based (PBT)- 525
- I-134 Form
You must have the I-134 notarized by your sponsor. Include supporting documents with the form. The student must show that the sponsor has the available money of $16,800 USD for two academic years.
- Immunization Record
- IMPORTANT: International students interested in on-campus housing must submit record of an additional vaccination against Bacterial Meningitis at least 10 DAYS prior to entering the dorms.
- High School Transcripts
- The student must provide Tyler Junior College with an official copy of a high school transcript indicating date of graduation. (PLEASE NOTE: Transcripts must be translated into English. Students who have attended college classes at an overseas institution should have their transcripts evaluated before submitting them to TJC.)
- Copy of passport photo page
- Statement of Understanding form
- Permission to Release Information form
- If you are transfering to TJC from another US Institution, in addition to the previously mentioned forms, you must also submit:
- a SEVIS Transfer form
- a copy of all previous I-20s
- official transcripts from all prior colleges or universities
For housing information, please visit our Housing page.