This year marks the 26th Anniversary of The Nutcracker at TJC. To celebrate this milestone, we will be performing at the TJC Wise Auditorium. Invited to join our cast of over 100 TJC and community performers will be two dancers with the world-famous Dance Theater of Harlem, to dance the roles of the Sugar Plum and her Cavalier.
In addition to four public performances, two abbreviated school shows are performed for school age children, home-schooled students, and nursing home residents. These performances educate and enrich community members who may not otherwise get the opportunity to see live dance and music. The Nutcracker is the perfect way to introduce young children to the power and beauty of classical music and dance.
Nutcracker Performance Dates:
- December 5 – 7:30 p.m.
- December 6 – 2 p.m.; 7:30 p.m.
- December 7 – 2 p.m.
- General Admission- $15
- TJC students- $10
- Senior Citizens- $10
- Children under 12- $10
For information on how to donate to this exciting production, contact Carolyn Hanna, 903-510-2483 or email@example.com
Dancefest is an annual end-of-year production. Dancefest features TJC college dance students and advanced TJC Academy of Dance students in a varied program incorporating ballet, jazz, tap, hip hop, and modern choreography.
The first act of the performance includes a portion of a famous classical ballet. The second act of the performance includes a story-line encompassing multiple dance genres.
- DanceFest Performance Dates: May 2, 2015, 7:00 p.m. and 3, 2015, 2:00 p.m., Wise Auditorium on the main TJC Campus.
- Tickets: General Admission $10.00 for adults, and $5.00 for children under 12 and TJC students with ID. Tickets can be purchased at the door. Tickets will be on sale one hour before show time.
A forum for students to try their hand at choreography, costume, and lighting design. Mixed evening of works by students and faculty.
- Student/Faculty Recital Performance Date: April 10, 2015, 7:00 p.m.
- Tickets: $5.00 general admission. Students free with ID.
View the Wise Auditorium seating layout here.