- You must first fill out a TJC admission application prior to testing. The Admissions form must be completed in the Admission Office at the White Administrative Services building. The scores are not accessible if the student is not in the TJC computer system.
- The TSI test fee is $35.00 for TJC current or prospective students and $50.00 for non-TJC students.
- You must present a current government issued photo ID and pay the fee prior to testing.
- You can find sample TSI Sample Questions in the related downloads page.
- Prospective TJC Students should inquire about an TSI Testing Form located in the Admissions Office.
Testing is administered on a walk-in "first-come-first-served" basis in the Testing Center in the Rogers Student Center.
|Fall and Spring Hours of Operation|
8:30 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Last test administered at 7 p.m.
|TSI testing: 8:30 a.m. - 4 p.m.
HESI testing: 8:30 a.m. - 4 p.m.
9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Last test administered at 4 p.m.
|TSI testing: 9 a.m. - 1 p.m.
HESI testing: 9 a.m. - 1 p.m.
9 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Last test administered at 2 p.m.
|TSI testing: 9 a.m. - 11 a.m.
HESI testing: 9:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.
Hours are subject to change. The hours and days that specific tests are offered are listed with the test information you can reach by selecting the "Available Testing" selection on the left.
*NOTE: Closed on Saturdays during the summer.
TSI Testing Exemptions
Mandatory Pre-Assessment Activity
Before you take the TSI Assessment, you must participate in a Pre-Assessment Activity. Tyler Junior College is required to document your participation, so it is very important that you complete this activity before you take the test. Also, you will not be allowed to take the TSI Assessment until you have completed this activity. The activity includes the following:
- An explanation of the importance of the TSI Assessment;
- Practice test questions and feedback
- An explanation of all your developmental education options, if you don't meet the minimum passing standard; and
- Information on campus and community resources that will help you succeed as a college student.
- What Is The TSI Test and What Skills Are Tested?
TSI is a computer adaptive test measuring skills in Reading, English Grammar, Essay Writing, and Mathematics.
- How Do I Register for the TSI at TJC?
TSI test is administered on a walk-in basis.
- How Much Will It Cost Me?
TSI testing fee is $35.00 for TJC students and $50.00 for non-TJC students. TSI testing fee is to be paid at the Testing Center. TJC prospective students must have an orange testing voucher from the Admissions Office. Government issued Photo ID required to test.
- How Long Does The Test Take To Complete?
Expect to devote 2 - 3 hours to testing. The TSI Assessment cannot be done in a partial format - it must be completed at a single sitting.
- What Do I Need To Bring With Me To Test?
- Your TSI Pre-Assessment Completion Certificate.
- Photo identification
- Receipt of fee payment if you paid at the cashier’s office!
No study material or reference materials may be used during the exam. The TJC Testing Center will provide calculator and scratch paper. No other study aids will be allowed.
2nd Floor, Rogers Student Center
Toll Free: 1-800-687-5680 ext. 2617