Tyler Junior College

Frequently Asked Questions: Students

Click a question to reveal the answer.

Students FAQs

Q: How do I get a transcript if I am not able to come to campus?

Q: Can an official copy of my transcript be faxed?

Q: I have a hold on my file. How do I have this removed?

Q: If I have a hold on my file can I have a transcript sent?

Q: How do I request my transcript from my other Colleges and Universities to be evaluated?

Q: How do I register for classes on Apache Access?

Q: How do I view or print a copy of my class schedule?

Q: How do I register for a class that is full or closed?

Q: How do I check my grades?

Q: What does a grade of AD, BD, CD, DD, or FD mean?

Q: When/where can I get my TJC ID card, lanyard, and parking permit?

Q: Where do I buy my textbook?

Q: How do we request a transcript?

Q: How do I request a campus tour?

Q: How do I withdraw (drop) a dual credit/early admissions class at TJC or my high school?

Q: Where is the Dual Credit Office located?

Q: What is an Early Admissions (EA) Hold? Why do I have an EA Hold on my account?

Q: How can I view and print my unofficial transcript?

Q: How can I request a grade replacement or grade forgiveness?


You don't request a grade replacement. You must retake the course that you wish to get a better grade in. Students may only repeat a course for credit and apply grade forgiveness/replacement to the course for which they received a grade of D or F. The course must be taken at TJC.

Students have two attempts to improve the grade in the course. Credit will be given for only one of the attempts. If a student repeats a course and receives a higher grade, the semester credit hours from the original grade of D or F are excluded from the student’s grade point average. Only the semester credit hours from the highest grade will be used in calculating the GPA. Major topic courses which are required to repeat for certain majors are exempt from this policy. Students who are not successful after the third attempt will no longer be able to complete the course through TJC. If the student earns the same grade or a lower grade, then the repeated course grade is not used in computing the GPA. The repeated course is marked as excluded on the student’s official record in earned hours. Receipt of a higher grade in a subsequent semester does not alter the student’s academic standing in the semester when the original grades were earned. All course attempts are recorded on the student’s permanent record/transcript.

For more questions, please contact your advisor.

Q: How do I contact the Registrar’s Office?

Q: How can I get text books with my financial aid?

Q: Can I audit a Continuing Studies class?

Q: Can I use the Vaughn Library if I’m a Continuing Studies student?

Q: What types of courses does TJC offer?

Q: Do you have to pay a fee to have your transcript sent to another school?

Q: What services do you offer students with disabilities?

Q: What constitutes a disability?

Q: What should I do if I have a disability and want to receive accommodations?

Q: Why do I have to display my TJC identification card?

Q: Where can I find registration and payment dates?

Q: I'm looking for a certain degree. Is there a list of degrees on the website?

Q: When is the application deadline for my specific selective admission program (e.g. Nursing)?

Q: How much is tuition for the different semesters (fall, spring, Wintermester, Maymester, Summer, etc)

Q: Where can I find out how many students are accepted into each special admissions program? (DMS, Nursing, etc.)

Q: Where can I send my official transcripts?

Q: What type of services does the campus clinic provide?

Q: How can I verify if my transcript request was fulfilled and sent?

Q: Where is the final exam schedule?

Q: When do I need to send in my official transcripts?

Q: Who do I contact if I lost my A#?

Q: How do I drop a class?

Q: Where can I find prerequisites for courses?

Q: Do Tyler Junior College students have access to a health clinic or doctor?

Q: What do I need to do if I need to change my address or name?

Q: My financial aid doesn't come in until after school has been in session for a while. Is there a way I can get my books before school starts?

Q: As a recent graduate, am I still allowed to use the OHPE center?

Q: If I went to TJC a long time ago, how can I get my unofficial transcript?

Q: What does the letter "I" mean on my transcript?

Q: If I have a night class, and don't want to walk to my car by myself, can Campus Police escort me to my car?

Q: What are acceptable forms of identification?

Q: Where can I find what books/materials I need for each class?

Do you have a Question?

If there is anything you would like to ask us, about our services, our work or how we can help you, then click the button below.

Get this feed Tyler Junior College Students feed